Our team of experienced Receptionists are there to ensure that patients are booked with the health professional most suitable to treat them. This may be a Healthcare Assistant, a Practice Nurse, a Nurse Practitioner or a GP. Please take this into consideration if you are asked about your appointment request. The Receptionists do not need to know the specific details of your concern, but will need a general idea to make sure that you receive the correct treatment by the correct healthcare professional.
- Appointments are not always needed
- Telephone the Centre on 01909 509010
- Visit the Centre and book an appointment at your convenience
(If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact the Centre on 01909 509010 and let us know as soon as possible, so that another patient can use it)
In order to provide a safe service to patients registered with other practices, it may be necessary to access your medical records but you will be asked for your consent to do this.
Please mention at the time of booking your appointment:
- If you prefer to see a specific doctor or nurse (if you are a registered patient)
- If you need an interpreter
- If you require a smear or routine contraception
- If you think you require an intimate examination (the Practice Nurse can act as a chaperone if you require this. If you can let us know at the time of booking your appointment then we can schedule a Nurse to be present during your examination)
- If you are unsure whether the Nurse would be able to help you with your condition
The Practice Nurse should be your first point of call for the following:
- Urinary Infections
- Respiratory Infections
- Ear Problems
- Cervical Smears
- Vaginal Discharge
Home visits are only available to registered patients. It is important to ring as early as possible if you are too ill to come to the 8 - 8 Centre as requests for home visits will be assessed on medical need. You will be asked to provide a contact telephone number and a Clinician will call you back to discuss your problem and arrange the best course of action for you.
If patients require further information about other primary medical care services available in Worskop they can contact PALS:
Telephone: 01777 710535
Want to Speak to us?
Or send us a message?
Need to write to us?